Celery is an essential part of health diets! What about celery juice? Read on to learn about the benefits of celery juice for your overall health!
In this article:
What Are The Benefits of Celery Juice?
Celery is known to be a superfood! It has many benefits for your overall health, thanks to its contents! Celery juice is known to contain high levels of Vitamin C, A and K, folate, calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, electrolytes, and fiber!
Thanks to its rich content, celery juice has many benefits for your health. Some of its health benefits are as follows;
- Cholesterol: It can reduce the bad cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Anti-inflammation: Celery juice can help relieve joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout with its polyacetylene content. It can help relax the nerves and calm your body.
- Antioxidants: It is highly rich in powerful antioxidants. It even contains a flavonoid called apigenin that can fight against cancer cells.
- Nutritious: Celery is known to be rich in minerals and vitamins that our bodies need. Celery juice can promote weight loss by helping you feel full. It’s also great for the skin!
- Liver: It can help prevent the building up of fat in the liver. It boosts the liver’s functioning and helps to get rid of toxins.
- Infections: Celery juice contains powerful antimicrobial properties that can fight infections and boost your immune system.
- Digestion: It can improve digestion by increasing the circulation in the intestines and relieves bloating, constipation, etc. It can also help digest proteins better by raising stomach acid and can help to treat stomach ulcers and acid reflux by providing better gut health.
- Blood Pressure: Celery juice can improve the circulation of calcium and potassium in cells and allow blood vessels to expand – lowering the blood sugar.
How to Make Celery Juice?
Making celery juice very simple! Just get some celery (amount depends on you and how many servings it’ll be) and put them through your juicer! It would be best if you drank your celery juice immediately because it is more beneficial to drink it fresh.
Here are 4 celery juice recipes to improve your overall health!
Apple & Celery Juice
1 heart of celery
1 large green apple
1-inch knob of ginger
Chop all the vegetables.
Run the celery and cucumber in the juicer first (low setting).
Add apple, lemon, ginger, and set it to a higher level.
2 pounds of celery
2 large cucumbers
1 large orange
Chop all the ingredients and run them through your juicer.
Celery & Cucumber Juice
1 heart of celery
1 large cucumber
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch spinach
1 large lemon
¼ inch ginger root
Put all the ingredients through your juicer and drink immediately.
Carrot & Apple & Celery Juice
2 stalks of celery
After juicing the carrots, apple, and celery, hand-squeeze the lemon before serving.
Can I Eat Celery Instead Of Drinking?
Yes, but the ideal intake for celery is a whole heart of celery. It could be too much to eat, so it’d be easier to drink it.
How Much Celery Juice Should I Drink?
The ideal amount is 2 cups (16 ounces).
When Should I Drink Celery Juice?
It’s ideal for drinking before breakfast, and waiting about 25 minutes before drinking anything else is recommended.
How To Make Celery Juice Without A Juicer?
Cut the celery into small pieces and put them in the blender. Add 24 oz of water and blend for 3-5 minutes (or until it’s in a smooth liquid form).
Can I Prepare Celery Juice Ahead of Time?
It’s best to drink it immediately after juicing, but if you do not have enough time, you can prepare beforehand. But do not let it wait more than 24 hours and keep it in the fridge.
Do I Need To Cut The Leaves Off?
It’s up to you. Some people choose to cut them off because the leaves give a bitter taste, but some people leave them on.
Is It Safe To Drink Celery Juice During Pregnancy?
Yes, it is known to be safe during pregnancy. But everyone has a different reaction, so starting with little amounts could be safer. We recommend pregnant readers consult a doctor before beginning to drink celery juice if they are not aware of any allergies they may or may not have.
In general, celery is not allergic food. But those who are sensitive or allergic to celery should not consume celery juice.
We hope that the information given in this article has answered the questions our readers had in mind.
Share your opinions in the comments section with us! How do you consume celery juice and what benefits have you experienced?
- How To Restore Gut Health Naturally With BPC-157
- Foods That Cause Bloating (And What To Do About It)
- Peptides For Anti Aging: 9 Ways To Make The Skin Healthy